I am continuing to assemble all of the pieces and parts I need to complete the interior and exterior of my tiny house and as I do so, the expenses are really adding up. When I started this project, I expected the total cost to be somewhere in the $16-20 K range. I now suspect that the final cost might be over $20 K.
I totaled up all of my expenses so far the other week and it came to about $13.5 K, which does not include the remaining 50% of the window costs ($2350) that I need to pay when those are delivered. In addition to all of those expenses, I also ordered the following things today:
$342 at Dyers RV (www.dyersonline.com)
- Lyons 32″ x 24″ Shower Pan: $130
- Barker 26 Gallon Fresh Water Tank: $125
- Valterra Telescoping Water Fill: $6
- SHURflo White Pressure Regulated Water Fill: $34
$1149 at Home Depot online:
- 21 x 26-7/8 in Deck-Mount Skylight with flashing and hardware: ~$680
- Various light fixtures: $275
- 25x22x7 4-Hole Single Bowl Kitchen Sink: $104
$180 at Amazon.com:
- Various 12 V screw in LED light bulbs: $32
- Atwood (56494) DV 20S Stainless Steel Drop-In 2-Burner: $117
- Circuit breakers & fuses: $37
$609 from Vintage Woodworks (www.vintagewoodworks.com)
- 4 x 4” Cedar Turned Porch Posts (36” base, 40” turning, 20” top).
That all adds up to another $2280 in purchases which brings my total, including the full window cost, to ~18K. It may seem like a lot. However, I’m actually kind of excited to finally get this stuff ordered. It’s all going to get delivered right to my house. By the time it arrives, I think I will have almost everything I need for the house except the red Maxrib standing seem metal roofing specified in the plans which I’m having real trouble finding.
Anyway, that’s my update for today. I know it’s not that exciting. However, I thought people might like to know that I’m still making progress and I thought people might be curious how much it costs to build a tiny house. When I’m done with the whole project, I will make a final post with my total cost for everything, broken down by category.